Who Am I?
I am a Licensed Inspector based in New Bern, N.C.. I have a range of skills from 40 + years in the building industry.
I am CERTIFIED for the following specialties:
(including, but not limited to)
- Licensed Home Inspector in New Bern N.C.
- Wood Destroying Organisms
- 40 years of field expertise as a carpenter/contractor
Affiliations and Trade Groups
- Member in good standing of International assoc. of certified home inspectors [internachi.org]
- Member in good standing of NJnachi [www.njnachi.com]
- Former member of National Association. of Home Builders and Remodelers Association.
- 1998 customer service
- 1998 design build
- May 1999 hud/nari remodelers training program
- April 1999 project management
- Jan 1999 quality construction
- Jan 1999 energy efficient construction
- May 2002 certified graduate builder
- May 2002 certified graduate remodeler
- Fall of 2004 County of Morris College completed Building inspector I.C.S. 75 hours
- May 2004 Bergen community college completed building inspector R.C.S.
Completed the following requirements mandated by the state of NJ:
At the HOME INSPECTION INSTITUTE –
Inspection 21, 23 North Farview Ave. Suite 6, Paramus, NJ 07652
- 180 hours total
- 140 hours of classroom instruction, ten weeks total, 40 hours field externship training program
- With a licensed NJ home inspector, 16 hours of classroom training for radon certification
- Through the home inspection institute
- Provided upon request
- Certified Radon testing and tried-and-true remedy action-plan.
- Authorized Electrical Inspection. Includes, but not limited to: effectiveness of system, comparison to minimum state law requirements and assessment of fire risk or other known hazards.
- Recognized visible reporting of infestations or structural damage due to pests.
- Detailed carport and garage inspections.
- Endorsed Systems & Components Audit for the complete household. Including, but not limited to: HVAC – insulation – roofing system – fire risk and prevention – windows – basement moisture – structural integrity of decks – garage
He has built over 100 new homes, as well successfully completed over 100 bespoke home renovations.
His passion for designing, fabricating and finishing one-of-a-kind cabinets and furniture has helped him develop rigorous standards for all his building projects and home inspections.
His keen eye for detail and precision execution make him an ideal inspector for assessing problems in and around the home.
Having poured his heart and soul into building for over four decades, Paul wants to make a difference by providing homeowners with a service and advice that goes beyond average and sub-standard builds.
I am a member in good standing of the( International Association of certified Home Inspectors)
I have passed InterNACHI’s online inspector Examination
I abide by InterNACHI’s strict code of ethics
I follow InterNACHI’s standard of practiceI fulfill 24 hours of Continuing Education and inspection related training every year
I am available 7am – 9pm Monday – Saturday
You’re easy to read report will be emailed to you within twenty four hours
In addition I have 40 years of experience in the home building industry.
As a carpenter I’ve built many new homes and renovated and remodeled just as many.
I’ve been self-employed for 25 years of 40 as a general contractor
My other activities include being a NJ licensed massage therapist.